Stages of teeth whitening at iStomatolog Center in Kyiv
Agreement on the final result and selection of the whitening system
Professional teeth cleaning
Remineralizing therapy according to indications
Recommendations for home teeth care
Photos "before and after" teeth whitening at iStomatolog
Request an appointment
Safe teeth whitening at iStomatolog in Kyiv includes:
Why teeth change color?
External staining within the enamel:
- Frequent consumption of tea, coffee, herbal infusions
- Use of medical products (for example, prolonged rinsing with chlorhexidine preparations).
Internal staining, discoloration of enamel and the adjacent layer of the tooth - dentin:
- Untreated caries
- Inflammation of the nerve in the tooth or tooth trauma
- Use of medical products (tetracycline antibiotics)
- Congenital diseases
- Age-related changes in the hard tissues of the teeth.
The most common causes of tooth discoloration are:
- Root canal treatment with resorcinol-formaldehyde pastes (gray-pink color)
- Chronic inflammation of the tooth nerve without treatment (gray-brown color)
- Overconsumption of coffee and tea
- Harmful habits such as smoking
Internal tooth staining is quite difficult to whiten. The process is longer and it is not always possible to restore the tooth's original color by removing all dark pigments.
Teeth Whitening Technologies at iStomatolog
Teeth whitening products contain hydrogen peroxide and carbamides. We often hear about laser whitening, ozone whitening, and machine-assisted whitening, among others. But what sets them apart?
It is important to understand that there are different mechanisms for activating the whitening gel, including:
- Whitening systems with a light activator (ultraviolet, blue light, laser whitening)
- Whitening systems with a chemical activation mechanism (the most popular being Opalescence XtraBoost, Ultradent, USA)
Overall, the principle of action depends on the gel's composition and involves breaking down the molecule of hydrogen peroxide and releasing oxygen molecules, which results in the discoloration of pigments present in the tooth tissues. This process is the chemical essence of whitening (whitening is more of a commercial term).
In this process, the most important thing is to get the whitening substance to the most pigmented part of the tooth. That is why we need to determine the nature of the color change - external or internal. For external staining, the gel is applied to the tooth, while for internal staining, it is applied to the cavity of the tooth.
External staining of teeth can often be effectively addressed with professional teeth cleaning, but only if the procedure is done regularly (at least once every 6 months). This method can restore the natural color of the teeth, remove calculus and plaque. If the patient wants their teeth to be one or two shades lighter than their natural color, then teeth whitening is performed (e.g., laser).
Teeth Whitening Methods
Laser Teeth Whitening
The most effective, painless, and safe technique. A diode or neodymium laser with a wavelength of 800-1000 nanometers is used for the procedure. The process consists of several stages:
- cleaning the teeth;
- placement of a retractor (isolation of the mucosa from contact with the whitening agent);
- application of liquid cofferdam to the gums (protection of gingival tissues);
- distribution of the gel on the surface of the teeth in the smile zone (upper and lower rows);
- targeted aiming of the beam at each tooth (exposure time for 1 unit is 30 seconds);
- removal of the gel;
- strengthening of the enamel (a special remineralization composition is applied).
Laser teeth whitening allows lightening the enamel by 6-9 shades on the Vita scale. The effect lasts for 1-4 years, provided that the dentist's recommendations for oral hygiene and diet are followed. Laser has a gentle effect on hard tissues, does not overheat the enamel and dentin, does not provoke the appearance of microcracks, and has an antibacterial effect. The only drawback of the technique is its high cost.
The whitening effect is achieved by the combined action of a special gel and a light beam. In modern dentistry, lamps with cold (blue) light are used, which do not have a heating effect and do not disrupt the structure of the enamel. Lamp devices differ:
- features of the design;
- set of functions;
- number of light emission modes;
- level of protection (structure of light filters);
- type of lamp (halogen, xenon-halogen, diode).
The preparation for the procedure and the stages are the same as for laser teeth whitening. Depending on the type of lamp and the applied technique, the whitening gel is applied 2 or 3 times. The duration of the procedure and the aesthetic result depend on the type of dental equipment used and the method applied.
Chemical whitening with Opalescence Xtra Boost involves the use of two components: a whitening gel and a catalyst. The whitener is a gel with a 38% concentration of hydrogen peroxide, with additional components including potassium nitrate and sodium fluoride.
After preparatory steps (removing plaque, isolating teeth with a retractor and dental dam), the gel mixed with the catalyst is applied to the teeth. The duration of treatment is determined individually by the dentist, with a minimum of 15 minutes.
The Opalescence Endo method is designed for internal tooth whitening. It is used for teeth that have darkened due to inflammatory processes in the tooth canal or root canal fillings that have caused a change in tooth color. The steps for internal tooth whitening are:
- Removal of the filling from the orifice of the root canal
- Sealing the orifice with a special cement (to prevent diffusion of the whitening gel directly into the root canal)
- Introduction of the gel into the tooth cavity for 24 hours
- Temporary filling
- After one day, the gel is removed; if the desired result is not achieved, the gel can be re-applied. Aesthetic restoration of the tooth is carried out after achieving the desired result.
The Opalustre method is used to eliminate enamel discoloration caused by fluorosis or superficial caries. The composition includes a low-concentration of hydrochloric acid and silicon particles. After applying the composition, the dentist carefully removes the darkened layer of enamel and performs remineralization therapy.
Whitening with trays can be carried out at home (as a maintenance procedure after teeth whitening) or in a clinic as a standalone method. Carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide in various concentrations can be used in trays.
Advantages of teeth whitening at iStomatolog clinic
At iStomatolog clinic, the whitening procedure is carried out using the latest medical equipment. The dentist will assess the condition of the teeth and oral cavity and, if necessary, prescribe additional procedures (replacement of low-quality fillings, elimination of foci of chronic infection, treatment of caries).
The following topics will be discussed with the patient when choosing the whitening technique:
- features of different whitening techniques;
- teeth care after the procedure;
- duration of the obtained result;
- required degree of lightening (3 or more shades on the Vita scale);
After agreeing on each item, the dentist will perform teeth whitening. It is important for us that the patient understands the essence of the procedure, objectively evaluates its result, and understands the reasons for the defects that may arise. You can get the most detailed information at a consultation with a dentist by making an appointment at iStomatolog clinic in Kyiv through the online form or by phone: 067 502-8-999, 093 502-8-999.
Cost of teeth whitening
Full Price list of dental clinic services is available at the following link
The optimal whitening scheme and cost can be determined at a consultation at iStomatolog dental center. We will determine the cause of the change in the color of your teeth and select a corresponding complex for safe whitening that will bring you the desired result. In addition, means for home care will be selected for maintaining a long-lasting and stable result.
Reviews about iStomatolog
Що мене очікувало в центрі iStomatolog.
1. Відсутність очікування біля кабінету.
2. Відсутність зайвого. Персонал і лікарі тебе не обтяжують. Їх стільки, скільки має бути.
3. Без сумніву професіоналізм. Тебе вислухать, і обов'язково запропонують варіанти лікування. Що безцінно, це те, що тобі в першу чергу будуть пропонувати максимально зберегти свої зуби.
4. Відсутність бажання затягнути процес лікування на рік (якщо у тебе проблема не одного чи двох зубів). Головне, щоб дозволяли працювати ясна (їх стан).
5. Матеріали з якими працюють лікарі. Це виключно японський виробник.
І нарешті результат, який я навіть вже і не очікувала.
Лена, дякую тобі ВЕЛИЧЕЗНЕ за твою роботу. Тобі і твоїй команді.
Але тут працюють дуже відповідальні, приємні і турботливі професіонали! Дякую всій команді цієї стоматології, і окремо дякую моєму стоматологу Пекарському Віталію за прекрасну роботу. Тепер я і солодке їм без болі, і більше посміхаюсь ☺️
Я із задоволенням буду ходити тільки до вас 😊